About the Company:
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team:
The mission of our Digital Operations team is to operate a fault resilient, customer-centered, proactive DevOps team. The team is responsible for supporting systems that deliver AT&T’s customer experience, across multiple internet-facing eCommerce applications, databases, platforms and technology stacks. Our customer-journey centric Ops team is made up of Ops Engineers as well as Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) who are all focused on ensuring a highly available, resilient, performant and secure customer experience.
We are looking for a self-motivated Principal Java developer with previous success and experience in working on large scale mission critical applications. The resource is responsible for managing complex projects through Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications and delivering with high-availability and performance. The resource should be contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle - Writing well designed, testable, efficient code and should possess excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A Self-starter with an ability to understand requirements and drive to completion by managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects.
- Use appropriate programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, performs testing and debugging of applications for the enterprise.
- Designs, codes, unit tests and integrates new features and functionality as defined by the PO and team.
- Participates in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development
- Provide technical and analytical input /guidance to project team and assist developers regarding project architecture and application programming practices.
- Manages individual projects and works as an individual contributor; is responsible for completing projects within allotted timeline.
- Assists with definition of project scope and objectives, as well as provides technical architecture input and coordinates programming practices with team members.
- Detailed oriented approach towards performance tuning when designing solution for high volume data.
- Apply disciplined coding practices to enable agility and deliver high quality code.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Demonstrated team player with a result-oriented track record.
- Excellent communication, verbal & presentation skills.
- Excellent at collaboration with onsite and offshore resources.
Shift timing (if any):
- Shift falls typically between 6 am to 10 PM India standard time. Occasionally may have to work long hours in situations when it is needed.
Primary / Mandatory skills:
- 10+ Years of experience as Java developer.
- 6+ years of Hands-on experience with driving system architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in spring boot with microservices.
- Experience in design & development of RESTful services.
- Should be able to understand complex requirements to design/develop
- Hands on experience in CI/CD processes and able to implement it for the desired technology (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git and others).
- Good to have Maven, GIT, Swagger, PCF, Rabbit MQ
- Experienced on creating unit test using JUnit, Mockito or PowerMock
- Experienced on using Quality and Security scan tools such as Sonar, Fortify and WebInspect
- Familiar with any database and querying them using SQL or NoSQL constructs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to work in a Global team.
- Excellent coordination skills to work closely with offshore and onsite resources.
Secondary / Desired skills:
- Familiar with developing eports/dashboards in EFK/ELK/Splunk: 2 - Novice (limited experience).
- Visualization tool such as Prometheus, Grafana: 2 - Novice (limited experience)
- Experience in Agile, Lean Agile and/or Scaled Agile methodologies
Additional information (if any): Willing to work in Shift Duties, Willingness to learn is very important as AT&T offers excellent environment to learn Digital Transformation skills such as cloud, Big data, AI, Full stack etc.
Education Qualification: BE Computer Science or equivalent
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.