You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T SPORTS NETWORKS is looking for a Broadcast Engineer in our Houston Texas office.
o Maintains hardware and software systems for television broadcast facility.
o Repairs, replaces, configures and upgrades hardware and software in a television broadcast environment.
o May maintain and troubleshoot non-broadcast systems in an office setting including support for phones, business IT, and HVAC.
o Maintains required records of equipment maintenance repair and upgrades. Accustomed to submitting return merchandise authorization forms and working with vendors during repairs.
o Utilizes test equipment, parts and related tools for use in maintenance and repair.
o Escalates equipment performance and diagnostic issues requiring attention of more senior personnel.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Knowledge of IP based video transmission, routers, switchers, fiber optic multiplexing and digital satellite receivers.
• Maintains computer servers, provides technical support to on-air servers and equipment and participates in troubleshooting broadcast equipment.
• Experience working in studio productions.
• Possesses a good working knowledge of typical broadcast manufacturers such as: Sony, Ross, Evertz, Telestream, EVS, MultiDyne, RTS, Chyron, and Adobe Premiere. Accustomed to working in network storage environments.
• Uses sound engineering principals when commissioning and testing new equipment.
• Resolves and follows up on general engineering inquiries and completes ad-hoc assignments as assigned. Identifies opportunities to streamline or automate deliverables.
• Functions well in a live broadcast environment and can prioritize well during a crisis.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work from a 10’ ladder when necessary.
• Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be self-driven and able to identify new projects independently.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Radio, Television and Film, Communications, or equivalency through work experience.
2-5 years of work experience with complex broadcast processes and technology.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.