Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T has an immediate need for a Unified Capabilities Engineer to design Voice over IP (VoIP) and other Unified Communications (UC) solutions that meet end user requirements and integrate them with existing Enterprise UC and network infrastructure. Roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with project team members to comprehend existing and emerging requirements.
- Collaborate on developing solutions jointly with IP network engineers to define interfaces between VoIP system components and other IP subsystems against stated requirements while also mitigating cyber security risks to the network and users.
- Experience engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks (2-5 years minimum)
- Experience Operating, Administering and Maintaining UC services consumed by the Government (2-5 years minimum)
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification (minimum)
- Existing DoD 8570 Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training and work experience.
- Experience working with network data infrastructure to ensure a secure transfer of data between multiple locations via internal and external networks, including defining security boundaries
- Working with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on UC implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Service delivery and network integration experience using a variety of voice, video and data network protocols
- Experience in working to maintaining systems per Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) policies
- Information Technology administrator experience with various systems such as VMWare, Linux and Windows
- Additional certifications with major system vendors such as Cisco, Avaya, etc.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.