AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports the Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Senior Specialist, Network Support in our Hawaii Network Operations Center (NOC) to support the Department of Defense in Hawaii providing delivery of DOD Information Network (DoDIN) infrastructure services across Hawaii and other Indo-Pacific locations. This position will be a member of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team responsible for monitoring, provisioning, fault isolating, and service restoration across an international transport network made up of both AT&T owned and international provider networks. AT&T operates a 24x7 NOC on Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam. The NOC team assist in the operation and maintenance of 15 Central Offices on Oahu and the equipment in them, to include power, batteries, generators, ATS, and air conditioning systems. The NOC team is responsible for provisioning service across all network elements; Cisco & Ciena layer 1, 2 and 3 IP transport, OTN transport, and legacy SONET transport. The NOC team will provide Tier I & II support of all network elements and provide fault isolation and restoration guidance to our team of field technicians. The NOC team will perform all PMI activity on network elements, open and/or receive customer tickets, and coordinate such with international venders if needed.
- Open/receive and manage service tickets in Remedy application
- Contact and direct field technicians as needed to respond to customer request, reported faults, and/or identified network failures.
- Coordinate with equipment manufactures as needed to resolve Tier II & III level faults
- Perform network PMI checks as needed and document all results
- Use CISCO apps (CPO, CPI, Unity, CUCM, CTC, EPNM) and Ciena apps (NCP/Blue Planet, SAOS) to manage major network elements. Use command line interfaces to manage both major and minor transport elements.
- Use NNMi application to manage network alarms
- Use PCR360 enterprise management database for all service, location, and logistics data
- Work rotating shifts providing 24x7 coverage in the NOC
- Manage afterhours call-out of field technicians
- Perform Tier I evaluation and escalation of Power, ATS, generator, battery, and air conditioning faults
Required Clearance: DoD Secret(or must be able to obtain DoD Secret upon hire)
Required Qualifications: Previous experience in telecommunications management and systems management. Previous experience building reports and presentations using MS Office Excel/Power Point/Word.
Desired Qualifications: BS degree in related field, CCNA/CCNP certifications, experience in routing/switching fault isolation, use of enterprise databases and Network Management Systems (NMS), fault isolation and configuration experience, previous military telecommunications experience.