Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications
- Perform various complex software development tasks
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day tasks with minimal support
- Develop technical policy and work instructions and reporting in support of an enterprise Video services network
- Provide training and technical guidance to junior team members
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems utilizing expert knowledge of SIP and H.323 signaling and call-flows
- Troubleshoot remote site registration, signaling and media problems.
- Configure route plans and route lists
- Validate change requests and ensure accuracy
- Manage troubleshoot and configure Cisco, Polycom, and Vidyo Connection features, gatekeepers, gateways, routers, and endpoints
- Currently possess an active Secret Clearance with eligibility for a Top Secret
- 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an IT related field
- 8-12 years of IT related experience. Education and Training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting. Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks.
- Some experience with Video protocols SIP and H323
- Expertise with Networking Concepts (Cabling, Switching, Routing, IP Addressing, Telecommunications, Collaboration etc..)
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience leading team’s, technical projects, and achieving exceptional results
- Experience mentoring Associate/Junior Technicians
- CCNP, Collaboration, and/or other Voice/Video related certifications
- Advanced Network/Collaboration Certifications – CCIE Collaboration, Vidyo, and/or Polycom
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including associated G.711 and G.729 codecs and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with H.323 Gatekeeper Protocol Configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with DISA Unified Capabilities (UC) and Global Video Services (GVS)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Vidyo and Polycom VTC equipment and infrastructures.
- Thorough understanding of H.323 IP VTC Vidyo-based platforms and protocols required to support VTC technology
- Experience supporting distributed firewall infrastructure.
- Knowledge/Development of TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives
- Knowledge/Development of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP)
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system and development of documentation, and reporting procedures
- Fluent ability to provide detailed verbal/written communication to contractor and government leadership
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.