The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Navy in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks. AT&T has an opening for Network Configuration Engineer to support the NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
- Maintain information system data and supporting documentation for Design and Configuration Engineering deliverables
- Assist in design, configuration, technical review, and implementation of layer 2 and layer 3 devices in large customer enterprise network
- Create router and switch designs and configurations linking numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas for classified and unclassified intranet based upon approved architecture and design.
- Develop, edit and execute PowerShell scripts
- Assist in the timely delivery of Authority to Operate packages
- Build and maintain professional relationships with internal partner organizations and external customers
- Communicate with other departments and organizations to ensure configuration effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure that the site network is reliable, and that performance exceeds contracted service levels.
- Perform duties to enhance quality assurance in the Service Management, Incident Management, Change Management organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field work experience.
- 8-10 years relevant network configuration experience, including 3 years experience with PowerShell
- 8570 compliance (Security+ CE or other valid IAT II certification required day one)
Cisco Certification – CCNP and/or CCDP certifications preferred
DoD Secret Clearance (#secret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.