The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Navy in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks.
AT&T has an opening for IT Service Delivery Rep Junior to support the NGEN Team, in providing IT Services. This position’s primary role will be a Field Services Junior Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers servicing the NGEN Navy sites. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
- Install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues
- Be responsible to create tickets for maintenance using HPE Service Manager
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures. Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
- Working knowledge in the Networking and Information Technology field with 0 to 4 plus years
- Position requires the basic skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required
- Candidate needs a basic understanding of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable
- Some travel required
- Cisco devices are a Plus
- Candidate needs to have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable
- Cisco Network + or Security+ CE required. ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable
Secret Government Clearance (#secret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.