AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer to support the Provisioning Team in providing network engineering expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Position includes supervisory responsibilities.
- Network installations, including the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components
- Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts
- Network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations
- Fulfill reporting functions on network status
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
- Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols.
- Experience in cable installation and cable types (Copper, Fiber).
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices).
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
- Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices.
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred.
- BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification, Cisco certification
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2215465 Date posted 03/11/2022