AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Circuit Design Engineer to support an ongoing network recapitalization program.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs; rearrange and remove equipment and associated wiring.
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Support initiatives for project-related and ongoing operations for network and voice communication services.
- Review, test and implement new software tool revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
- Understand electrical standards for supporting IT systems including various receptacle, plug configurations as well as power drain calculations.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Must have experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment/hardware and related cabling infrastructure.
- Understand and be able to comprehend network diagrams, cabling run lists and basic power requirements. Familiar with fiber optic and ethernet cabling.
- Experience with Cisco command line and GUI configuration.
- Knowledge of component and transmission medium compatibility and interconnection
- Prior experience with cable testers and Autocad
- Ability to work with schematic capture tools
- Provide electrical design input to include operational and maintenance insights for the design review process.
- Provide audits for power and mechanical capacity or upgrades
Desired Certifications: CISCO, CCNA Networking or Security, BICSI
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2133872 Date posted 06/10/2021