AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Circuit Design and Documentation Specialist - To support an ongoing network recapitalization program.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate documenting of the customer’s cabling infrastructure and enterprise network and to provide a comprehensive run list and cabling plan to the installation workforce
- Create circuit documentation in support of customer funded projects
- Build inventories and maintain accurate information relating to network components, circuits, routers, switches, racks, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized procedures for adding, deleting, and modifying records of inventoried network elements
- Work extensively with IT and related teams in the deployment, stabilization, and ongoing operation of the systems
- Provide regular status reports
Required Clearance: TSSCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience with cable testers and Autocad
- Knowledge of component and transmission medium compatibility and interconnection
- Ability to select components based on cost and space limitations
- Ability to work with schematic capture tools
- Certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology
Desired Certifications: BICSI, SIPT, AutoCad, Excel, Visio
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.