Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Prospect and manage the sales cycle for the first responder solutions suite against a sales target
- Proactively manage the module or territory to drive solution penetration rates in line with stated standards.
- Apply the first responder sales framework within the context of the module supported by the Application Sales Executive, and ensure this framework is executed by the front line account manager.
- Design first responder solutions through consultative methods, leveraging the base of value proposition, case studies, work flow analysis, ROI, and Pilot Framework tools.
- Drive the sales engagement from a discovery stage to a clearly identified business value through deploying and implementation of the technical solution.
- Collaborate with Account Team Managers / territory leadership to develop strategic territory module plans, optimizing subscriber growth through successful penetration of target accounts.
- Partner and collaborate with sales, marketing, external affairs and other entities to influence decision making processes for public safety solutions
- Position self as the first responder solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) in territory, demonstrating solution and market knowledge / awareness of public safety customers.
- Proactively participate in account and opportunity reviews, detailing and articulating the needed actionable steps for deal closure.
- Drive knowledge transfer to the local sales and customers on first responder solutions through scheduled webinars, enablement activities and partner event plans. This includes partnering with market development and other product / partner resources to facilitate this knowledge transfer.
- Establish a partner relationship with customers at Executive C-level, positioning AT&T as a trusted advisor and strategic planning resource for mobility.
- Employ advanced and consultative selling techniques to achieve subscriber unit targets
- Create a strong network of internal/external resources per specific solution capabilities and be able to execute programs across functional organizations to successfully implement solutions.
- Develop, document and share best practices for selling first responder solutions, detailing the significant approach used to overcome competitive scenarios and customer challenges.
- Serve as the first responder lead on responses to RFP/RFQ/RFB/RFI requests and unsolicited proposals.
- Stay current and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of complex first responder products, solutions and competitive intelligence around pricing and market trends, etc.
·Understanding of first responder environment and dispatching processes
·Ability to evaluate operational process that utilizes radio for group communications
·Understanding of first responder applications such as CAD, RMS, JMS, ALPR, NLETS, NCIC, NFIR, E-Citation, AFIS and others involved in incident command
·Experience in selling mobile broadband solutions to enable first responder applications
·Understanding of state and local government decision making processes for the first responder community
·Knowledge of cellular architecture and trends in cellular technology
·Knowledge of methods to secure data in transit and at rest
·Understand discussions around control of costs and ROI models
·Ability to determine and articulate value propositions
·Understanding of the dynamics of radio use vs cellular use in first responder use cases
·Competitive knowledge of the 2 way radio marketplace (not necessary heavily in depth but an ability to learn)
·Competitive knowledge of the mobile broadband marketplace for first responders
·Ability to understand historical drivers for radio usage & mobile broadband usage
·Ability to work with TCO models and sell to sr. government levels
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.