The Senior Mobility Network Engineer will provide operations and life cycle maintenance for a carrier grade SDN/NFV test mobility network supporting a Federal customer. This mobility test network will be used to evaluate mobile technologies as well as analyze and test customer equipment. ProServ for mobility projects for Federal Government customers may be required from time to time.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- TS/SCI POLYGRAPH Clearance required. (#polygraph)
- 10+ years experience in the implementation and operation of mobile networks including UMTS and LTE required; and experience with 5GNR desired.
- Strong knowledge of mobile network core and RAN architectures and operation required. Experience with virtualized mobility infrastructures (SDN / NFV) required.
- The candidate will be required to perform basic configuration changes on Core and RAN attributes on short notice.
- The candidate will be required to configure pcap trace files and analyze those trace files for integration or troubleshooting issue resolution.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated. possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate will be required to write and edit detailed reports, MOPS, and root cause analysis (RCA’s).
- Ability and willingness to share operational knowledge with customers when asked.
- The candidate may be required to brief high profile customers on occasion.
- Experience with mobility network security solutions desired.
- Familiarity with workings of AT&T Mobility strongly desired.
- Strong understanding of mobility applications and Mobile Device Management desired.
- Strong understanding of mobility network architectures: CSC, PDN, EPC, IMS, LTE, 5G-EPC, LBS desired.
- Well versed in Openstack and virtualization concepts (NVF, VNF)
- Proficiency in Linux /UNIX environments such as RHEL and Ubuntu
- Strong understanding of Mobility Operations and Support Systems (OSS) Atlas, ENM, NPO desired.
- Strong understanding of test tools: SART, TEMS Investigation, NitroGeo, CellAdvisor / base station Analyzer and Wireshark desired.
- Basic understanding of RESTful and SOAP APIs with the capability to construct API calls desired.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.