What makes Europe one of our most important regions? It’s our presence in nearly every country, the AT&T Foundry in Israel and significant tech expertise in the UK, Czech Republic and Slovakia. But that’s not all. Our 5,000+ employees deliver a range of advanced solutions to multinational companies across the region and beyond.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience helping architect and develop large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience architecting and developing systems with the C and/or Python programming language required.
And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Designing system architecture and software components that align with AT&T Cybersecurity business strategies and objectives.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable.
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned.
Key Competencies and Skills:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years software development, architecture and C/Python experience.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Comfortable with Agile development practices.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Linux distribution essential.
- Experience compiling and packaging Debian packages.
- Experience in compiling tools such as autotools, makefile, gcc...
- Experience in debugging tools such as Valgrind, gdb, ...
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash, ...) is a plus.
- Experience in socket programming is a plus.
- Experience in distributed configuration tools: Ansible, RabbitMq, Celery, ... is a plus.
- Experience in multithreading & concurrent programming is a plus.
- Familiarity with open source security tools: OSSEC, OpenVas, Suricata, Nmap, ...
- Other tools: Git, Jira, Jenkins, ...
Education and Qualifications:
- Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math;
- A Scrum certification is a plus.
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.