Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Unified Communications Engineer to support the Department of Defense (US AFRICOM), in providing Unified Communications design and management in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Provide Unified Communications design, installation, integration, and product development so that the team meets customer specifications and complies/conforms with the organizational roadmap
- Support enterprise VVoIP and VTC dial-plan management and account management functions
- Develop engineering design plans, provide engineering solutioning, ensure engineering solutions meet configuration baselines
- Develop and deliver installation, integration and maintenance documentation to operations and maintenance personnel
- Work with external service providers to ensure their solutions meet the organizations configuration management policy and procedures.
- Support engineering tasks for the project management lifecycle
- Tier 3 troubleshooting support and escalated support for maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, network performance reviews, problem determination and resolution, of the AFRICOM unclassified and classified Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP), Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services
- Configure of devices in accordance with security policies, capacity and utilization monitoring
- Provide trending and capacity planning services to analyze and plan for efficient utilization and management of the networked service
- Troubleshoot and correct all detected or reported network faults or outages and complete after-action problem identification
- BA/BS + 3 years recent specialized or AA/AS +7 years recent specialized or a major cert + 7 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- CCNA – Collaboration Certification
- IAT Level II or greater certification (ex. CompTIA Security +)
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- CCNP Collaboration Certification
- CCIE Collaboration
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.