Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
This position’s primary role will be a Field Services Site Lead servicing a large scale Enterprise network. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators. Your team will consist of mid and junior level engineers
As a Site Lead you will be expected to lead a team in network technicians to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create tickets for maintenance using HPE Service Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- The Site Lead will also be expected to educate and train mid and junior network personnel on processes, procedures and technology used in the enterprise.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and highly knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 10 plus years’ experience as a Network Engineer. Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Experience must include network design, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is required. Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers.
- Some travel will be required.
- Ability to obtain a Government Secret Security clearance is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong leader, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with Severs and Cisco devices is required.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
Education: A Bachelor in Science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered. Cisco CCNP and Security+ required. ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
Required Clearance: Secret
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.