AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T has an opening to fill a Network Support Technician (NST) position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the position will support Information Technology Field Operations (ITFO) in Farmers Branch, TX.
The NST provide Tier 2 support for integrated hardware and software; local infrastructure deployment services; respond to end user request; provide VTC and remote support.
The NST reports to an Area Technical Lead and provides support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity, and end-users in a Service Desk supported Tier II environment. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently and/or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The job duties of the NST are as follows:
- Provide LAN administrator support with the installation, configuration and maintenance of network communication devices, servers, network storage arrays and tape backup units.
- Provide support of network attached devices such as computers, printers, fax machines, biometric devices, electrocardiograms, x-ray machines, smart display, and sensors
- Provide support of mobile and wireless devices to include smartphones, tablets and hotspots
- Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server configurations and related security patches
- Assist in maintaining and checking the health of systems and backups to include restore testing
- Monitors ITSM (ServiceNow) assignment groups and applies troubleshooting needed to resolve tickets
- Update tickets following documentation templates and/or guidelines to ensure quality requirements are met
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly activity reports describing activities accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide inventory support and input to the provided inventory system for the customer
- Responsible for installing and maintaining video teleconferencing infrastructure to include assisting with user requests
- Participate in pre-scheduled after-hours support of weekly on-call rotation and/or as a team member supporting special projects or events
- Conduct or provide new equipment deployments and/or requested deployment support
- Provide cabling support and run cables within data centers, LAN rooms and remote wiring closets
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met
- Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists
Must be a US Citizen and be able to attain Public Trust clearance (#publictrust) (#clearable)
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ of IT-related support experience, preferably in a helpdesk or customer support role
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve desktop, network, or other IT issues
- General knowledge network products and systems
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment
- Good technical writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Must have excellent team skills and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Records check as this position is classified as a “Regular Driver” and overnight travel may be required (Actual travel percentage varies based upon location but is typically less than 20%). Must maintain a state of travel readiness required to take prompt action on support requests which may require local and/or overnight travel to Government locations.
- Must be comfortable working in a Law Enforcement environment which may consist of locations similar to detention facilities, prisons, or jails.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and pass the DHS Employment Eligibility Verification process
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Support Technician’s earn between $56,100 - $65,000 Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311674 Date posted 05/10/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events