What makes Europe one of our most important regions? It’s our presence in nearly every country, the AT&T Foundry in Israel and significant tech expertise in the UK, Czech Republic and Slovakia. But that’s not all. Our 5,000+ employees deliver a range of advanced solutions to multinational companies across the region and beyond.
As a Network Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex network changes, as part of project preparation. You will be involved in creating network solutions, high and low level design documentation, migrations or new device implementations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• During the network implementation / build phase you will be responsible for the analysis and troubleshooting of complex problems involving multiple build teams until such time that a project is accepted in to the RUN space.
• Responsible for the scripting and peer reviewing of less complex / routine changes to be implemented by 24/7 Operations team.
• Pro-actively investigate and advise on network design improvements across the range of network environments.
• Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies within large scale enterprise network environments including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, VRF, VRRP, STP, VLANs
• Predominantly experienced with HPE Comware/H3C and Cisco Routing & Switching technologies along with Cisco Wireless, ASA, Juniper SRX Series, F5 BIG IP LTM, CheckPoint Firewalls, Fortigate Firewalls, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer products, Tipping Point IPS, Riverbed Steelheads & Aruba Wireless.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• SC security clearance required
• UK National
• Must have at least 3-5 years network experience.
• Cisco CCNP or other equivalent professional level of certification
• Knowledge of Cisco or HP routers and switches technologies is a must.
• Knowledge in at least one more technology (Load balancers, proxy servers, wireless, voice etc.)
• Sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
• Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication or equivalent.
• Excellent coordination and communication skills.
• Experience in project related activities.
• Fluent in English
• Team Player
Education and Qualifications:
• Certification: HP ASE, HP MASE, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP Security, CCIE, Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE,
• Juniper JNCIA/JNCIE, Fortinet/Fortigate certification.
• Knowledge of one or all of the following technologies equipment is extremely beneficial: - F5
• Load Balancers / Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco and HP Wireless / Riverbed WAN accelerators.
• Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) processes
Fluent in English
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.