About the team:
The Monetize Reporting and Analytics team empowers success by providing clients of Xandr Monetize with accurate and actionable information. We are responsible for developing and maintaining reporting tools and data pipelines within Xandr’s data universe.
To achieve this goal, we strive to always be:
- Curious & Innovative
- Helpful & Communicative
- Open & Adaptive
- Happy & Fun
What you will work on:
As a member of the Monetize Reporting and Analytics team, you will be responsible for data in our system from when leaves our raw log files, as it is aggregated throughout our pipelines, and presented to stakeholders.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, deploying, and debugging any issues with data and reporting in our pipeline.
As a team lead, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance to team members, planning sprints, evaluating incoming tickets, working with product managers to define product features, and helping to set the technical vision and direction for the team.
This can take many forms including, but not limited to:
- Writing MapReduce or Spark jobs to aggregate raw data into an OLAP database, such as Vertica.
- Writing SQL to present reports to stakeholders.
- Working on our internal tools and processes which enable the data pipeline.
- Developing new UIs or other tools to enable reporting.
- Investigating stakeholder-reported issues through our entire data pipeline.
- Implementing strategies that analyze the impact of, and ensure the quality, performance, and accuracy of reports.
- Demonstrated technical team leadership experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience and demonstrated strong skills in the following areas:
- Object-Oriented software development using a language such as Java, Go, C++.
- Developing performant SQL and SQL Aggregation queries.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Writing well-tested code, deploying code safely, and working in a team with coding standards, including unit testing, functional testing, working with build systems, and participating code and design reviews
Nice to Have Skills:
An ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree OR other advanced degree in Computer Science or related field as well as experience and familiarity in the following areas:
- Working in the Ad-Tech space.
- Debugging and troubleshooting stakeholder-reported issues that span multiple complex systems.
- Excellent technical communication skills, including building internal documentation.
- Big data frameworks including Hadoop/HDFS/MapReduce and Spark.
- Stream-based data processing models like Kafka.
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI and Imply.
- Working with large (15TB+) data sets.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.