Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T has an opening for a Technical Program Manager - Space Situational Awareness (SSA) / Space Battle position, who has both the management and technical skills necessary in leading and participating in the multidisciplinary modeling, simulation, detailed analyses of complex ground and space architectures and in depth experience conducting space systems modeling, simulation, and analyses.
- Program Management: at least the last 5 years managing small to mid-size programs (~1-2 M$ budget), both from the programmatic (budget, scope, risk, etc.) as well as the functional (program staffing, conducting team member reviews etc.) to the technical (overseeing technical activities, mentoring, etc.)
- Technical Leadership: at least 10 years providing technical leadership on a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Multidisciplinary modeling: possess the ability to integrate knowledge of mechanics, optics, astrodynamics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, statistics, into an cohesive end-to-end model
- Algorithm development & Implementation: able to devise / identify / implement sophisticated algorithms to obtain / optimize solutions in large-dimensional problem spaces (e.g., traveling salesman, sequential Monte Carlo methods, genetic algorithms, linear programing methods) etc.
- Possess strong general problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Expert MATLAB user
- Have good communications skills and ability to work in a collaborative team development environment
- At least 5 years’ recent program management experience
- At least 10-15 years’ experience performing multidisciplinary modeling, simulation, and analysis of complex systems
Applicant must have a technical degree (BS, MS, PhD) in aerospace engineering, physics, applied math, or a related discipline
Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance mandatory(#topsecret). Meeting the customer’s security requirements is mandatory for this position
Desired Education and Skills:
- PhD or Master’s degree is preferred for this role.
- Formal training in program/project management (e.g., PMP certification and/or coursework)
- Specialized knowledge of one or more of the following is also a plus: optics, radar, lasers, satellite communications and jamming, rendezvous and proximity operations, space object characterization/identification, kinetic ASATs, network modeling and cyber threats, intelligence analysis, spacecraft design, battle management command and control, radar systems engineering, electro-optical systems modeling, experience coding C++ and/or Python simulation languages, experience using STK software
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.