Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T provides the Air Force with engineering consulting and technical advisory services for the SMC Directorate of Special Programs located in El Segundo CA. Our AT&T Air Force Team supporting DoD Space Systems delivers acquisitions program management, systems engineering, cybersecurity, and sustainment engineering.
AT&T has an opening for a systems engineer to support the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Directorate of Special Programs (DirSP), in providing engineering and sustainment support for the Space based Space Surveillance (SBSS) Satellite Program.
- Day-to-day management of Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and User Change Request
- Experience in working in a DevSecOps and Agile Acquisition environment
- Design, Develop, and support unit test system functionality, regression testing, user acceptance testing, system integration, product deployment and ongoing operations/maintenance activities
- Support development, acquisition, modification, and sustainment off new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- Support the Government in providing technical direction to IT support staff
- Support government efforts to maintain availability of technical resources
- Design, implement, and sustain security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
A TS/SCI clearance (#TopSecret) with a current SSBI, and the ability to be accessed to the customer's programs is required to be considered for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, and 3+ yrs applicable experience in Computer Science or an Engineering, Scientific, Analysis field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in government acquisition management (to include software acquisition)
- Must be familiar with the Department of Defense (DoD) space acquisition life-cycle management processes
- Must be familiar with the Industry DevSecOps and Agile Acquisition processes
- Knowledge on the systems, organization, personnel, activities and capabilities of U.S. space systems
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent, and 10+ yrs applicable experience in Computer Science or an Engineering, Scientific, Analysis field
- SAFE Certified
- Acquisition experience at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in software acquisition desired
- A strong technical background is desired with 10+ years’ experience in space systems, operations, satellite and special access programs acquisition
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.