Sr UI Designer
El Segundo, California
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Sr UI Designer
El Segundo, California
DIRECTV is seeking to hire a UI Designer for its Experience Design Studio. Our team’s focus is on collaborative, cutting-edge and intelligent design methods in cross-platform experiences – so this role requires a person who is constructive, charismatic, passionate, and committed to informed problem solving, flexibility, scalability, and innovation.
Working closely alongside key stakeholders and developers, you will help to contribute to and support the creative and iterative process through concept design, strategy and user-centric methodologies – as well as establish and carry out the more tactical experience design through to launch for various digital features and products.
In addition, you will be an integral part within our team, helping to develop, define and grow our process and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is eager to help to shape his or her own role and contribution.
This job isn’t just about designing experiences that produce "clicks" and sales success. It’s also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand, millions of people, and the entertainment we all love. It’s about helping people get the most possible enjoyment out of the service we provide. It’s about making the video experience that much better with DIRECTV than it is with any other provider, so our customers fall in love with our products and services over and over, on every screen they desire.
What you'll be doing!
- The Sr. UX Designer is expected to bring insight-driven design solutions to the table, be prepared to present their solutions to a variety of stakeholder levels, defend their designs and give thoughtful consideration to feedback. The Sr. Designer also mentors junior talent.
- Partner with UI counterpart to research, concept and execute on all digital platforms
- Help to define, execute and iterate on design patterns, interactions and features for the DIRECTV brand and product initiatives across all platforms
- Help with skills-based design mentorship of junior team members
- Present work to project leads and Directors
- Demonstrate mastery regarding vertical including performance, competitive and comparative
- Design decisions based on data (qual and quant) and work in service of key KPIs
- Execute at all levels of the design process from lo-fi prototyping to launched products
- Partner with content, development and product teams to create new products and features that support and enhance cross-platform experiences
- Know when to both inspire and collaborate with your team to make career-defining work
Date posted 01/17/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.