You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group is looking for an energetic and out of the box thinker to join the Software Engineering team. The position is for a head end developer to work on AT&T’s next generation streaming platform.
In this role, the candidate will be doing the following:
- Participate in researching, benchmarking, designing and creating services based on the microservices architecture
- Participate in identifying business and non-functional testing cases to improve the quality of the product
- Participate implementing distributed, stateless and high performance software in multiple programming languages including Java and NodeJS
- Involved designing systems that are memory efficient and capable of processing thousands of concurrent requests
- Leverage complete suite of monitoring tools including Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus and Grafana to set up alerts and custom dashboards to monitor the health of all microservices
Minimum requirements for entry into the position:
- Requires a Bachelor degree, or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 3-5 years of experience in the job offered
- Experience working in a team environment with documented software development process and configuration management control
- Experience in object-oriented development utilizing design patterns and other best practices to capture designs.
- Systems development life cycle using agile methodology.
- Experience with working on microservices, JDBC, SQL, NoSQL
- Proficient in object-oriented programming using Java
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Knowledgeable of cloud environment and deployment (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Virtual Machine technologies
- Experience in profiling tools to optimize high performance systems.
- Experience in TDD and BDD testing methodologies.
- Experience in developing asynchronous services with Kafka and/or NATS
- Knowledgeable in data query optimizations
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.