At AT&T, we bring the world together with technology in ways you never imagined. Whether it’s your next big idea or the newest innovation, we’re looking for people like you to lead the way. Your creative solutions could impact innovations across telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Step into a future with AT&T.
• This career step requires senior level experience.
• Responsible for end-to-end project or program management throughout the life cycle of a software/system development project/program (may be internal or external client facing).
• Directs and leads the efforts of a project/program team to deliver a completed project/program and/or service.
• Consults directly with internal or external clients on business goals, tools, strategy and best practices of software development.
• Has full accountability for managing concurrent projects/programs of any complexity including projects/programs that span multiple regions, functions and/or business units.
• Directs team's activities utilizing the organization's software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Interacts with other project/program managers and with the Account Management organization to ensure alignment of project goals and progress with client needs and client priorities.
• Utilizes knowledge of business, industry and technology to incorporate business process improvements into the organization and/or to develop business strategies and function/business/technical architectures.
• Must have thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and tools and must advocate for adherence to standards.
• Must have working knowledge of business practices in at least one specific business software domain.
• Level 2 and 3 employees must spend 70% or more of time performing the duties described above and must record time accordingly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conducts end to end project management of multiple large projects and may also manage sub-components of a large program.
• Leads cross functional teams to complete projects or program deliverables within allotted timeline and budget. Identifies key internal/external stakeholders necessary for project completion and develops overall strategy for executive of high value projects.
• Defines project scope and objectives, guides activities of a project/program team including delegating tasks to team members, identifies resources, and establishes master timeline for deliverables.
• Projects/programs are very complex in nature, rarely follow a repeatable framework, typically span multiple business units or are company-wide, and require a high level of analysis to create project/program plans for new concept projects/programs.
• Work with external vendors and internal stakeholders to champion project(s) across the entire organization.
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
• Conducts project/program meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis.
• Ensure adherences to quality standards and reviews project/program deliverables.
• Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
• Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of major problems.
• Communicates to client/vendors/leadership.
• Senior level technical expertise.
• Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert on ATT technologies.
Education: PMP Certification desired.
• Typically requires 5-8 years experience.
• Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.