Do you have a passion for digging for answers in data, solving problems that nobody else can solve using the latest analytics, data science and machine learning techniques? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction fuels creativity?
The DIRECTV Chief Data Office is looking for a talented, highly motivated senior data scientist to partner with business units across the video products to help solve their most pressing business problem through advanced analytics and data.
This is the perfect opportunity to become a part of a fast paced and innovative team that leverages the latest statistical, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques and technologies to solve real world problems and drive business value.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data to identify causal relationships, trigger points and ultimately make predictions on customer behavior.
- Projects may include churn analysis, customer behavior and segmentation, sales analysis, product level analysis (adoption, price elasticity modeling) and customer experience analysis.
- Builds predictive models using data, tests the model on results outside of the sample size and verifies the model in the real world.
- Quantifies significance of data variances, applies an array of statistical methods ranging from traditional to newly- developing within the Big-Data space.
- Uses machine learning / AI techniques to build models that support decision making.
- Develops reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids in support of findings.
- Advises business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or outcomes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Data Scientist solving real-world business problems
- Data Science: Python or R, Scikit learn, SparkML, H2O.ai, Tensorflow v2
- Data Wrangling: SQL, Spark, Hive
- Platforms: Azure or AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Teradata, Vertica, Hortonworks
- Strong understanding of internal business segment or stakeholders and strong presentation skills.
Preferred advanced college degree in Statistics, Mathematics and or Computer Science or Ph.D. in related fields.
Job ID 2125237 Date posted 05/16/2021