Senior Data Engineer – Big Data
The Video chief data office organization is looking for a curious, talented and highly motivated data engineer to work closely with data analysts and data scientists as part of an agile team to enable machine learning solutions and data driven decision making across our streaming and satellite TV products.
You will be comfortable working with large structured and unstructured datasets and automating data pipelines to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data in a hybrid multi-cloud environment as well as exploratory data analysis techniques and feature engineering.
This is the perfect opportunity to become a part of a fast paced and innovative team that leverages big data, machine learning and AI tools and technologies to solve real world problems and drive business value.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data utilizing a variety of statistical methods to support Data Analysts and Data Scientist.
- Automates data pipelines to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data.
- Data Quality Implements statistical data quality procedures on new data sources.
- Develops and maintains data engineering best practices and provides thought leadership.
- Works with Security teams and Legal to create data policies and develop interfaces and retention models which requires synthesizing or anonymizing data.
- Uses basic machine learning / AI techniques to build models that support decision making.
- Develops basic reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids in support of findings.
- Advises business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or outcomes.
- Preferred: Python, SQL, Hive, Spark, Databricks, Snowflake, Vertica, Teradata, Hortonworks, AWS and Azure.
- Good understanding of internal business segments or stakeholders and good presentation skills.
- 3-5 years related experience in data engineering/automation, big data, relational database structures, data modeling and data quality.
Preferred advanced college degree in Computer Science and or Statistics, Mathematics.
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.