You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Entertainment Operations
• Member of the 24X7 team that is responsible for production support of all streaming products on the Open Video platform (currently: ATT TV, ATT TV Now, Watch TV, DirecTV Everywhere, and NFL Sunday Ticket)
• Take ownership of Incident & problem management for the platforms/products, including communications, documentation and bridge facilitation with the goal to minimize customer impact
• Utilize multiple tools to monitor the health of each platform and, when incidents are detected, takes action to mitigate through first touch resolution or escalating to respective service owners
• Investigate & troubleshoot production issues, including deviations in KPIs on Headend and clients. utilize information in tools to further isolate the source of errors and effectively direct troubleshooting efforts
• Maintain high accuracy of incident data in tools
• Analyze risk and assign appropriate impact based severity to incidents
• Identify alerting & monitoring gaps and assist responsible teams to close gaps by taking action and/or through feedback loop
• Identify opportunities for automated remediation of common platform issues and assist in development of remediation scripts when possible
• Develop documentation and knowledge base for OpenVideo systems to foster expanded troubleshooting capabilities across the engineering and operations organizations
• Develop and deliver training and share knowledge to help increase the skill level of the team
• Work with development and operations teams to drive constant improvement in reliability, operability, performance
Working Hours & Location:
• Overnight and weekends
• Onsite in El Segundo, CA or Irving, TX
• Associate or BS Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline
• 2-3 years of experience in OTT applications and video workflows
• 1-2 yrs experience with scripting languages such as python and UNIX shell scripts
• Experience with OSS tools like ServiceNow and monitoring tools like MoogSoft
• Experience with navigation of monitoring tools and dashboards, including Grafana, Conviva, New Relic, Splunk, Elk, Ineoquest, Harmonic VOS, Zabbix, and QuickPanel to analyze and identify faults on all OTT streaming platforms
• Understanding of network concepts and implementations
• Understanding of cloud concepts and implementations
• Familiar with Agile software development practices
• Attention to detail and completing work with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to efficiently multi-task and succeed in high pressure situations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive, flexible, innovative
• Passionate and empathetic about ATT’s customers
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.