At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
Our Nimbus team is looking for a Technical System/Solution Engineer who is passionate about the customer experience and has problem solving and analytical abilities and also hands on with proof of concept and fast-paced environment. The principal system engineer is responsible for assessing impact of new wired and/or wireless diagnostics projects. The principal system engineer will also contribute to long-term technical care/diagnostic roadmap, ensuring Nimbus platform capability are represented The Principal System Engineer is desired to have an intimate knowledge of the current state AT&T OSS/BSS and implement the plan to achieve the desired future state. Principal System Engineer will take negotiated Epics and work with Product owner and development team to expand to solution features/user stories to achieve the goal of the Epic, Negotiate interface with other application and helps with end-user testing to extent possible.
About the Job
This Principal System Engineer job is unique opportunity to work along dynamic system engineering & development team who is expanding into various next-gen self-care/self-install capabilities for end-customers and thus utilizing the digital channels more
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Solution based on product epics/features that grow digital customer engagement, improve customer experience and drive down customer care cases and unnecessary dispatches.
• Review business requirements and assumptions to come up with optimum end-end solution considering functional and non-functional requirements. Help with sizing the Epics/features
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in self-care related capabilities platform and applications
• Works in an Agile environment to refine business requirements work with product owner and lead developers to define and lay out system interfaces and data flows, and system interfaces.
• Insure to improve defined KPIs to ensure best-in-class customer experience
• Works with business partners to balance business & technical objectives and technology partners to deliver the product that meets reliability, scalability, and performance goals
• Implement best practices is self-care, self-install management services
• Interface with Enterprise Architects to discuss and influence long-term diagnostic and care roadmap
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
• 10+ years of combined system engineering and/or software architect/lead experience with proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software development lifecycle
o Experience within high tech, software and/or broadband wireline/wireless/telecom industry highly desired
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or experience in system to system interactions and interfaces, micro services, and architectural patterns
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving experience and the ability to convert consumer insights and business requirements into technical requirements, collaborate on the end-end solutions, and come up with specific application impact to Nimbus application.
• Experience working within scaled agile development team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.