Lead UX Designer
El Segundo, California
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Lead UX Designer
El Segundo, California
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2020, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
Currently Media is part of AT&T’s Strategic Platforms organization, which has responsibility for a broad array of AT&T digital platforms including att.com, MyAT&T and a wide variety of AT&T mobile apps.
Currently Media products play a unique role in AT&T’s consumer-facing digital ecosystem, serving upwards of 40-50 million monthly unique visitors with content, communications and access to their email, internet, video and mobile accounts.
Currently Media also has a pipeline of innovative products in development with the goal of bringing the next generation of digital experiences to consumers around the world.
About the Job
The Currently Media team (now part of SAC/SPT) is seeking a Lead UX Designer for the fastest-growing part of the Currently Media portfolio. The ideal candidate has proven experience leading UI/UX design for large national/global brands and products; thrives in fast-paced environments with a strong knack for finding resourceful, creative solutions regardless of time, budget or asset constraints.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• LEAD UX DESIGN - Provide UI/UX solutions supporting a variety of AT&T product marcom efforts, including but not limited to mobility, broadband, video and business solutions. Gather and evaluate project requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers. Effectively develop and present design ideas using storyboards, user experience flows and sitemaps. Design graphic user interface from layout to specific elements, including but not limited to navigation/menus, search fields, tabs and widgets. Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
• PRODUCT IDEATION - Create original graphic designs and illustrations (e.g. images, sketches and tables) to convey product ideation concepts. Provide inputs for product development roadmap to enhance front end and occasionally back-end content publishing interfaces
• PRODUCT TROUBLESHOOTING - Identify and troubleshoot product and user journey opportunities, and propose UI/UX solutions and optimizations.
• BRANDING BEST PRACTICES - Provide strong sense of style to protect the AT&T brand and client base brands including but not limited to fonts/typeface adherence and application, color palettes and images/visuals; with ability to create original or mimic existing/pre-created assets.
• 3 to 7 or more years professional experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
• Strong portfolio of past design projects
• Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Adobe, Wireframe.cc and InVision)
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong leader and willingness to be a team player
• Solid organizational and time-management skills
• Bachelors in related field
• Solid understanding and/or interest in web-and app-based experiences in media, entertainment, video or related industry
• Experience working with marketing, engineering, and leadership teams
• Ability to distill input from multiple stakeholders into detailed design requirements
• Experience problem solving and making independent decisions
• Solution-oriented, highly motivated, and proactive self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to package and present feature recommendations and product strategies in concise presentations and visuals
• Comfortable working in an execution focused, fast paced environment balancing multiple projects and priorities balancing short-term goals and long-term vision for the team
• Fluency in languages beyond English is a plus
• Drupal/PHP experience a major plus.
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Date posted 01/05/2021
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.