Lead UX Designer
El Segundo, California
Roll out and into a new kind of sales role. As an In-Home Sales Expert, it’s your job to upgrade our relationships with existing customers, showing them the best we have to offer from a company they already know and trust. You’ll partner up with Technicians – so, as they solve issues inside customers’ own homes, you’ll get to work on your sales pitch. Along the way, you’ll discover great pay, flexible hours and a company that wants to see you safe and successful.
For this role, you also must have:
What makes a successful In-Home Sales Expert?
- Excellent Customer Service
Get an inside look at what it’s really like on the job. Every day, you’ll connect to the resources and information you need to succeed in your sales.
Ready for everything
We’re trusting you to help us build relationships with our customers. That’s why we give you the tools, training and confidence to make awesome sales and do incredible work.
Dial in on your day
Each morning starts with a conference call to catch you up on that day’s schedule. You’ll find out the who, what, when and where of your warm leads before heading out.
Meet your goals
Remember: this is a sales job. When you head out, you’ll always keep your quota in mind, working toward that big sale that could earn you that big win.
Team up with our Technicians
At each home, you’ll meet up with an experienced Technician – so you’re never on your own. While they’re doing their job, you’ll connect with our customers.
Convert warm leads
No cold calling here. Everyone you meet will already be one of our customers. It’s up to you to show them all the benefits of being truly integrated with our products and services.
Close the deal
It’s always your goal to complete the sale during your visit. But sometimes, the person who ultimately makes the call isn’t home when you drop by. You’ll rely on your management, organization and prioritization skills to find the best time to meet up on your biggest sales.
Find some flexibility
Customer meet-ups might happen throughout the day, early in the morning or during the evening. You’ll be responsible for finding the time to make it work.
Safety is key
Your trainings cover what you need to know about staying safe on the job. We’ll give you guidelines you can refer back to every step of the way. Plus, you’ll always have your Technician there when you enter a home during normal business hours.
We have your back
Our leaders are here for you. That includes coaching, mentoring and daily input to help you reach your sales goals. They’ll even show you how to tailor your pitch for customers and make your interaction extraordinary.
Arrive in style
Every In-Home Sales Expert gets a company car to make getting around even easier. So it’s no surprise that you’ll need a clean driving record and valid license.
Hard work earns you perks
We believe in taking care of our team. Our awesome perks are just one way we show it. In school? You just might be eligible for tuition reimbursement. Planning a trip? We offer paid time off. And that's all on top of our 401(k) plan and medical and dental coverage.
Let's start with the big one:
Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You'll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you'd ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you'll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP)
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Lead UX Designer
El Segundo, California
The Experience Design Studio is a full-service Product Design organization within AT&T’s Entertainment Group. We are a collective of designers, researchers, strategists, prototypers, and producers. Together, we discover, define, test, and build the future of entertainment products and home technology that delight both our customers and ourselves by using a human-centered approach to fuel our drive to creatively solve problems.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will help define and drive the future design of AT&T entertainment products. With your keen understanding of complex UX ecosystems, you will identify and set product experience strategy alongside cross-functional key stakeholders, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Your clear vision towards intuitive user experience will
guide various projects from tactical experience design through to launch for various digital features and products.
You are a great systems-level design thinker, design leader, and manager, who will provide leadership, mentorship and direction for a team of designers. You can understand the business aspects of the products, technical feasibility, as well as the needs of the users. You are able to lead a team to create a simple yet intuitive user experience, without missing any of those core needs from all parties. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is eager to help shape their own role and contribution. In return, you will be an integral part of the team, helping to develop, define and grow our process and design within AT&T.
● Lead the design of intuitive, and desirable products within a team environment.
● Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of UX Designers as well as manage 1-2 direct reports
● Mentor and develop designers within the design organization.
● Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions in partnership with UI, Motion and Copy.
● Craft, pitch, and validate short to long-term design strategies based on consumer personas.
● Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
● Build strong relationships with leaders inside and outside your core team to effectively develop products that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed by user data.
● Implement culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
● Bring insight-driven design solutions to the table and be prepared to present them to a variety of stakeholder levels, defend your designs and give thoughtful consideration to feedback.
● 8+ years of UX design. In-house is preferable, but will consider the right candidates coming from agency-side.
● Experience managing direct reports.
● Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with demonstrated documentation of those experiences.
● Strong focus on interaction design and an understanding that UX and UI are two sides of the same coin.
● Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
● Strong understanding of the latest developments in digital technology,
responsive/adaptive web design, prototyping, native apps and emerging platforms.
● Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean design methodologies.
● Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to understand research or data and apply it to designs.
● Bachelors in Fine Arts, Communication Design, Interactive Design, HCI or related field. Master’s a plus.
Date posted 01/09/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Calm, fun environment. You'll always get help when you need it. Constantly being told how awesome and being coached. Always room to move up. Salary, benefits, hours.
Not any cons. Love it so farCurrent Employee - ATT Customer Service Representative
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating