Big Data Jobs
As a member of our Big Data team, you’ll work with awesome people in a start-up environment. With one of the biggest data sets in the world, you’ll use data-driven analytics to tackle our business challenges and drive the innovation that changes the lives of our customers. In fact, your work will impact major decisions that go all the way to the top. This is your chance to turn the massive scale of possibilities at AT&T into an equally big opportunity.
- Work with domain architects, scrum team architects , product owners, data scientists and big data development / test engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Work with the data science delivery lead, Operations, product owners and business stakeholders to create the team’s backlog
- Create / maintain a data architecture roadmap that maintains the integrity of our big data practice and satisfies the business need to fast value delivery
- Engage with all teams in a collaborative environment
- Architect, design, deliver, test, and troubleshoot complex data implementations
- Work with domain architects to improve data strategy, quality and governance
- Guide, mentor and influence architectural direction and principles adoption
- Work closely with both business and external users to quickly deliver high-quality applications
- Work collaboratively with our business leaders to drive adoption of our solutions
- Experience in Big Data, data science, machine learning
- Experience in Database Administration, Design and Development
- Experience in Software Development
- Cloud – private/hybrid/public, Big Data (Hortonworks) ecosystems
- Experience in AWS managed services for data ingestion, processing
- Experience in designing big data lake for data integration from enterprise wide applications/systems
- Experience with various ingestion patterns for large data sets Experience with Open Source and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra) at an Enterprise level
- Experience with various visualization tools such as Tableau , Microstrategy
- Lambda architecture for ingestion including real-time streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL design and data processing mechanisms
- Knowledge about data replication, data masking, and performance factors, etc.
- Ability to present the potential business impacts , calculate ROI for certain use case realization
- Ability to formulate solution to handle a new situation presented related to integrating various disparate systems to Warehouse
- Ability to combine strong analytical and technical skills with business skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience in preparing business case evaluations and preparing financial analysis of solutions
- Contribute SME skills to enterprise governance and develop emerging technology solutions for enterprise adoption.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Database specific qualifications or certifications
- Experience with: Java, Python, Node.JS, RESTful Services, Hadoop, Spark, Linux, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra, Hbase, OpenTSDB, Tableau, Microstrategy
- Certified Scrum Master(CSM)
- Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent experience)
- Degree in computer science/software engineering and/or equivalent work experience
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.