AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer to support the NRO’s Intranet and Internet network and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system, in providing network hardware and software installation and integration; Coordination with network control centers; providing support to projects that involve networks; Evaluating new network technologies and making recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the operational network baseline.
The job duties of the Engineering (CAN/LAN) Transition Support are as follows:
- Work on an integration team in support of a large intelligence community (IC) partner network engineering group.
- Provide support in matters related to communications security (COMSEC) equipment to include loading/configuring KG-340s, KG-175D/F/G/Xs and KG-142s.
- Provide support in matters related to Cisco and Juniper equipment and associated management systems.
- Upgrade router and switch firmware and software in accordance with customer baseline and security standards.
- Create and maintain procedures for updating network device firmware and configurations.
- Follow established procedures for applying device configurations to maintain a network standard.
- Conduct detailed site surveys in support of network equipment installations and migrations.
- Maintain eligibility to deploy to world-wide sites for network equipment installations.
- Review configurations provided by Tier III engineers to verify functionality. Provide feedback to engineers.
- Coordinate consumables/bench stock procurement with team members, regional maintenance detachments and the procurement group.
- Coordinate logistics and in briefing/out briefings with local site management and security personnel.
- Document all physical connections utilizing established standard cable plan designs.
- Coordinate equipment installations and work closely with regional maintenance detachments.
- Assist Tier II and Tier III engineers during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the network systems and devices in support of the Integration team as well as government officials.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel Required 20% to 30%.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: The candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to: Doctorate and 0 years of experience; OR Masters and 1 years; OR Bachelors and 3 years; OR Associates and 5 years; OR HS and 7 years. Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 certification requirements.
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (network connectivity, switches, routers) is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Engineering (CAN/LAN) Transition Support (NE1) earns between 79,300 - 110,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2248117 Date posted 11/03/2022