You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly. We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure and applications that scale seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for an experienced system engineer with a strong OTT content processing background to assist in the ongoing improvement of AT&T’s market changing online video streaming products. This is an opportunity to work with AT&T’s world class engineers to build solutions that will streamline the operational efficiency of AT&T entertainment products. Our customers are our top priority and you’ll be at the forefront of making sure that we deliver on that promise.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Entertainment Operations:
• Provide architectural guidance for new and existing services related to reliability, operability, manageability, serviceability and observability of services
• Partner with Product, Development, and Architecture on achieving built-in-quality and operational readiness of new services
• Develop documentation and knowledge base for OpenVideo systems to foster expanded troubleshooting capabilities across the engineering and operations organizations
• Assist in the review of system performance data to identify actionable improvements to the customer experience from an operations perspective
• Assist in the development and implementation of monitoring capabilities for greater visibility into the OpenVideo platform’s performance
• Identify opportunities for automated remediation of common platform issues and develop remediation scripts to address
• Work alongside OpenVideo scrum teams to enable a successful DevOps transformation of services
• Work with scrum and operations teams to drive constant improvement across the OV platform
• BS Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline
• 5-7 years of experience in broadcast/broadband/OTT video workflows
• 2-3 yrs experience with scripting languages such as python and UNIX shell scripts
• Understanding of network concepts and implementations
• Understanding of cloud concepts and implementations
• Proven experience in leading testing methodologies and strategies
• Experience in software testing of complex systems
• Experience working in an Agile DevOps environment
• Familiar with OSS tools like ServiceNow and monitoring tools like New Relic, Prometheus, Splunk, or ELK
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive and innovative
• Passionate about doing work with a high degree of accuracy
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.