Welcome to AT&T command central. As part of our Corporate team, you’ll be at the heart of everything we touch – including industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. Partnering up with thought leaders and amazing innovators in business units across the company, you’ll be amazed by what we can do. We’re connecting the world – and it all starts here.
The M&E Consumer Marketing & Analytics organization is committed to driving individual product excellence, while accelerating our multi-product household base.
The AVP, Media Measurement and Optimization drives the effectiveness of marketing and advertising investment through marketing performance measurement and analytics. This requires partnership across the Marketing organization to influence advertising budgets, plans and execution. This role is a blend of marketing, media planning, consulting and predictive analytics and is tasked with developing insights that enable AT&T to improve the business impact of media investments. This leader will work closely with Marketing Strategy, Media Strategy, Creative, Consumer Insights, Finance and external Agency Partners. The end goal is to ensure strategic and tactical marketing/media decisions are informed by data-driven insights to maximize the ROI.
- Lead a team of highly skilled business analysts and marketing scientists to develop media measurement solutions including ad hoc deep-dive analyses, market mix models, multi-touch attribution and in-market test design
- Leverage quantitative models to determine causality of media performance, predict future impact, understand attribution and improve marketing investment ROI
- Direct the implementation of modeling processes from end-to-end including data acquisition, data cleansing, data management, quantitative model building, calibration, cross-validation, and ensuring model accuracy through statistical validity techniques
- Provide hands-on, real-time analysis and recommendations on media performance which includes securing buy-in on quick-turn optimizations
- Provide strategic input and tactical support to internal stakeholders and agency partners by effectively translating model and measurement results, sales objectives, media plans and media budgets
- Direct optimization and simulation scenarios to provide media investment allocation recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Provide on-going evaluation of media investment through analysis of integrated findings across market mix models, multi-touch attribution models and experimental design to derive insights/recommendations on spend allocations/optimizations to maximize business performance
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, expertise and skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting marketing effectiveness, identifying cause/effect in marketing executions and adapting best practices into future marketing executions
- Leadership experience in media measurement, spanning TV and digital advertising required
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression analysis, Bayesian shrinkage, predictive modeling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, advertising effectiveness, market mix and ROI measurement
- Extensive experience with traditional and digital media (TV, radio, print, paid search, digital display, social media and direct marketing)
- Comprehensive understanding of measurement metrics:
- media (impression, GRP, CPV)
- measurement analytics (Average Cost per Sale, Marginal Cost per Sale)
- quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI)
- statistics (correlations, sample sizing, t-value, VIF)
- Experience with the following media industry tools a plus:
- syndicated media consumption (N-Power, comScore)
- paid media monitoring (Kantar)
- social media monitoring (NetBase)
- digital ad server (DoubleClick, Atlas)
- website analytics (Omniture)
- Project management skills and the ability to simultaneously lead multiple ongoing project streams
- Leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision-making, influencing/consensus building and analytical skills with clear understanding of impact on business goals/results
- 15 year’s relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, decisions science, computer science, marketing analytics or marketing/communications; Master’s degree is strongly preferred
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.