Our Air, Space, & Strategic Defense Division supports the warfighter by offering Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Logistics, Network, IoT, and other advanced capabilities to the United States Space Force (USSF).
AT&T has an opening for a Systems Engineer for Acquisition and Development Systems to support the Space and Missile Systems Center / Innovation & Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIQ) in providing Prototype Development and Execution Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support. This is a full time position providing the Government assistance in the investigation of potential access-to-space opportunities for DoD missions. The successful candidate will support the Government with payload capabilities studies and analyses – review technical documentation (design specifications, technical orders, interface control documents, etc.) to facilitate program decisions and collaboration opportunities, perform mission payload matching to determine best combination of compatible size, weight and power requirements to support spacecraft manifest planning.
- Provide Program Management support for the SMC/DCIQ PMO
- Must be familiar with DoD Space Systems acquisition process
- Capable of analyzing requirements for space systems
- Integrate requirements into acquisition documents
- Provide innovation ideas for advanced space systems prototypes
- Help streamline the acquisition process where applicable
- Possess experience developing and managing S&T projects, capable of helping with writing acquisition documents, market research reports, acquisition strategy plans, acquisition strategy concepts, early strategy and issues sessions, Requests for Proposals (RFP), Statements of Work (SOW), Statements of Objectives (SOO), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL), data rights attachments, and proposal sections L&M, Delivery Order (DO) study processes and identifying risks, opportunities, and mitigation plans
- Prepare briefings and technical reports
- Support integrated product team meetings (IPTs), rideshare working group and hosted payload meetings
- Assist in collecting information from or sharing information with principal investigators, payload and satellite providers, and other organizations involved
- Analyze and identify science and technology developments that could facilitate or enable DCIQ to improve or expand its mission capabilities
- Assess policy compliance with technical requirements, configuration management activities
- Assist with acquisition activities within the spacecraft manifest process, and identify potential impacts to existing and future acquisition strategies; identify program risk and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, under pressure with multiple deadlines and deliverables
- Assist with SMC/DCIQ programs
- Assist the Government PMs with OSD program management
- Interact with the PMs on a monthly basis
- Work with Program Control to verify funding
- Generate Memorandum for Record (MFR) technical and cost evaluations
- Perform fact-finding sessions with potential small businesses projects
- Work with the Contract Office in awarding and execution of projects
- Assist with special S&T Projects
- Develop acquisition strategies to support key development planning and other high priority DCI activities
- Support development planning, concept engineering, and technology demonstrations to ensure risk reduction
- Assist the Government in creating acquisition materials enabling Request For Information (RFI) execution
- Improve communication between the acquisition organization and program functional areas
TS/SCI active (#topsecret)
- BS in Engineering or Technical Field (STEM degree) and 3+ years of DoD experience or equivalent level of experience working with space/satellite systems
- Program leadership; management of multi-functional program(s) under constrained schedules.
- Technical report development.
- Experience/working knowledge of AF acquisition lifecycle process
- Experience in C2 space operations as a military or as a contractor/DoD civilian
- Ability to interpret and apply DoD policies to program plans and objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel (note- will include both air and ground transportation)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.