About AT&T Mobility and Entertainment
AT&T Mobility and Entertainment, part of a Fortune 10 company, provides world class entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. We provide this experience across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of videos on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones. Our engineers are agile and develop leading edge software solutions to deliver world-class digital entertainment products.
What to expect
The AT&T Mobility and Entertainment is looking for a Software Engineer II to join the Entertainment Data Services group. You will be part of a group of passionate, talented, and dedicated individuals responsible for the OpenVideo Traffic system, a complex system managing the OpenVideo channels, guide events, blackouts across multiple service domains. We are a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, build, tests, deploys, and supports all aspect of the services built using the best practices software development principles (SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework, CI/CD, TDD) and leading-edge frameworks and technologies such as Spring Boot, Go, REST, Kafka, AWS cloud services, etc.
What you bring to the team
- Strong technology foundation, unrelenting sense of pride in your work and excellent troubleshooting skills
- End to end ownership mindset and a passion for learning
- Proactive, problem-solving abilities with a deep desire to improve, innovate, challenge and change
Exceptional interpersonal skills and motivation to work together to solve problems
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
- 3-6+ years of professional software development experience with client-server architectures, distributed systems, databases, web applications communication protocols, runtimes (JVM, NVM or Go), data access, J2EE, Spring Boot, C#, C/C++
- Experience working with Golang is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of microservices, NoSQL database, caching technologies and design, CI/CD and synchronous communication mechanisms like REST and event based with Kafka
- Solid understanding of cloud environment and management, container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, monitoring tools like Grafana and New Relic
- Experience with AWS cloud services is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T’s U.S. video unit. For more information, please click here.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.