AT&T Mobility & Entertainment is looking for a forward-thinking, innovative and unusually talented software architect to join us in our El Segundo, CA offices. This position will work in an agile organization and is highly technical; working directly with development teams to build reliable and highly scalable solutions for the platform that supports AT&T TV, AT&T’s next generation linear TV product. Our system architecture teams work on larger cross-functional teams to deliver solutions for scale and use data-driven decision making to refine, and launch/deploy solutions that improve our customer’s experiences. This platform includes many teams supporting the services, data processing, video processing, and advertising flows that makes the whole system work. This position may participate in and lead strategic projects that span multiple domains with the goal of creating elegant, reliable and scalable solutions. The candidate will be working on a high-visibility, fast paced, work hard/play hard team to work with other cross-functional business teams to implement high quality solutions and deliver value to our customers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Design systems to meet security, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements.
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services and collaborate cross-functionally to analyze, engineer, and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Create architecture, designs, and documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of the system as a whole
- Coach and guide cross-functional teams through technical tasks and work with product managers to understand feature requirements.
- Plan short-term efforts and assist with the planning of medium- and long-term efforts and multi-team projects.
- Maintain technical and working knowledge of systems to act as subject matter expert for the overall system
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of software engineering, software architecture or related, relevant technical experience.
- Experience managing or leading teams of engineers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set, analyzing complex issues and designing appropriate solutions
- Ability to manage heavy workload, accommodate change and adapt accordingly. Experience delivering results in a fast moving, challenging environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Familiarity with frameworks like Spring Boot, React Native
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures or offerings
AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T’s U.S. video unit. For more information, please click here.
Job ID 2049071 Date posted 05/16/2021