AT&T Mobility & Entertainment is looking for a forward-thinking, innovative and unusually talented developer to join us! This position will work in an agile organization, developing, releasing and supporting the platform that supports AT&T TV, AT&T’s next generation linear TV product. Our software development teams span the full-stack spectrum, including front-end, back-end and mobile app development. This platform includes many teams supporting the services, data processing, video processing, and advertising flows that makes the whole system work. The candidate will be working on a high-visibility, fast paced, work hard/play hard team to work with other cross-functional business teams to implement high quality solutions and deliver value to our customers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Implement software to improve Performance and Reliability of AT&T TV applications.
- Familiarity with mobile development programming such as React Native, Swift, Android, etc.
- Analyze REST API calls to server with Proxy tools
- Experience with Data Monitoring tools such as New Relic, Grafana/Kibana or others to analyze, and write SQL queries and create dashboards for KPI analysis
- Can Perform Memory Analysis, Battery Usage reports, etc. with Instruments, Android profiler, Historian tool, etc.
- Understanding of Systems Design and End to End software architecture. Knowledge of software management, Container technologies, Deployment tools and Cloud Computing.
- Familiarity with software tools and practices such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, CICD and code review processes
- Proactive, problem-solving abilities, with excellent communications skills and must be team player
- Able to work in a fast pace Agile environment with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline. Masters’ Degree preferred.
- 5yrs+ Experience working in a software development environment
- Excellent communication skills, and able to work with cross functional teams
AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T’s U.S. video unit. For more information, please click here.
Job ID 2115590-1 Date posted 05/16/2021