Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
- Responsible for consulting with direct sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of highly complex technical products and services.
- Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
- Designs solutions and provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Leads the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
- Designs technical solutions involving new and emerging technologies.
- May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
- Requires extensive knowledge of company products and services.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- Minimum of eight to twelve years in the telecommunications and/or network engineering
- Five or more years of previous sales engineering and/or technical sales consultation experience
- Exceptional corporate presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Strategic thinker with sales intelligence, a strong presence and the ability to create, influence, and drive customer vision
- Effective writing skills; ability to support the development of technically focused, solutions-oriented sales proposals
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technology based solutions
- Extensive working knowledge of AT&T company products and services
- In-depth knowledge of functional/process areas
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with internal cross-functional organizations and customers
- Excellent customer communications, interaction and presentation skills are required.
- Must be a team player, who is self-motivated, organized and pays strict attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment and insurance
- Pass required sales and data assessments
- Ability to travel as needed
- 8 or more years experience in a similar position within the same industry
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
- Network Engineering and/or Capacity Planning Expertise
- BS degree is not required but a BS degree in a technical related field, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.