Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer - To support the NRO’s Intranet and Internet network and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system, in providing network hardware and software installation and integration; Coordination with network control centers; providing support to projects that involve networks; Evaluating new network technologies and making recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the operational network baseline.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work on an integration team in support of a large IC partner network engineering group.
- Provide support in matters related to COMSEC equipment to include loading/configuring KG-340s, KG-175D/F/G/Xs and KG-142s.
- Provide support in matters related to Cisco and Juniper equipment and associated management systems.
- Upgrade router and switch firmware and software in accordance with customer baseline and security standards.
- Create and maintain procedures for updating network device firmware and configurations.
- Follow established procedures for applying device configurations to maintain a network standard.
- Conduct detailed site surveys in support of network equipment installations and migrations.
- Maintain eligibility to deploy to world-wide sites for network equipment installations.
- Review configurations provided by Tier III engineers to verify functionality. Provide feedback to engineers.
- Coordinate consumables/bench stock procurement with team members, regional maintenance detachments and the procurement group.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
- Coordinate logistics and in briefing/out briefings with local site management and security personnel.
- Document all physical connections utilizing established standard cable plan designs.
- Coordinate equipment installations and work closely with regional maintenance detachments.
- Assist Tier II and Tier III engineers during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the network systems and devices in support of the Integration team as well as government officials.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.