Staff UX Designer
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Staff UX Designer
As part of the Design Technology team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to be part of a transformational team that promotes new process innovation within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup within AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of our customers as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As a UI designer, you’ll flex your UI talents to design (and redesign) a diverse set of internal and consumer-facing experiences and products for AT&T. You’ll use your graphic design rigor and attention to detail to bring a level of polish and precision to products and services used by millions of people. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
- Use storytelling, UX, and prototypes to compellingly convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your design
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to get your designs into production
- Support the organization and facilitation of design workshops with clients and partners as needed
- 1-3 years UI Design, interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping
- High level of proficiency with graphic design and interactive tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, machine learning, mobile applications, web applications, messaging interfaces, illustration, video/film production
- Well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking, you design for consumer needs first and foremost
Date posted 09/16/2019
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.