The Tax Manager of payroll operations will be responsible for providing decisions on compensation and reporting issues impacting employees, retirees, and non-employees. It will provide tax support primarily to WarnerMedia Payroll Operations, Accounts Payable, and various HR compensation and benefit related departments.
Key Roles and Primary Responsibilities:
• Responsible for tax support to the Payroll Operations group for determining proper taxation and reporting of compensation for Federal, State, and Local taxing jurisdictions. As part of that process, position will determine appropriate FICA tax treatment and timing of withholding for compensation and nonqualified deferred compensation payments. Support will require tax research and communication of payroll and reporting tax positions.
• Responsible for determination of tax treatments and reporting requirements for non-employee compensation issues as provided by Accounts Payable and related business units. Position will perform research and formalize memorandums for usage within the Company for federal and state non-employee compensation issues.
• Will assist in coordinating tax positions for new legislation and law changes impacting individual income tax, unemployment tax, and information reporting for Federal and all 50 states.
• Responsible for determination of Federal and state successorship status on all employee related movements of WarnerMedia business units and will assist in transfers of state unemployment experience between entities as required under State SUTA laws.
• Position will provide tax support for various HR Corporate Policies, including Relocation, Executive Compensation, Reward & Recognition, Sales Incentive programs, and various fringe benefit programs.
Typically requires 8-10 years of experience in payroll taxation, state unemployment taxation, nonqualified deferred compensation taxation, payroll operations, individual income tax, and Form W-2 and 1099-MISC/NEC reporting for employee and non-employee compensation. Tax research experience is required. Position will require good written and verbal communication skills and ability to discuss issues with Senior leadership on a regular basis. Candidate should be willing to work independently with diverse business units. Experience with the Media/Entertainment industry is strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Tax, Accounting, or Finance background preferred. Certifications of candidates for this position, while not required, would include CPA or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
Supervisory: Position will not have any employees reporting to it currently. Position will work with various business units outside of Tax that will require supervision to achieve desired results.
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.