In AT&T’s Global Connections and Supply Chain Organization (GCSC), you’ll gain insight and exposure to everything from Contract Management and Logistics to Data Sciences and Procurement. You’ll utilize your technical, strategic, finance and analytical knowledge to develop, analyze and execute strategies that improve AT&T’s supply chain from end to end, while establishing the connections you need as you begin to be successful in your career.
In this unique and multi-faceted program, cross-functional collaboration and teamwork will be essential and necessitate effective communication from day to day interactions with peers and business partners to discussions with senior leadership. As a successful candidate, you will utilize your strategic abilities to provide actionable recommendations to GCSC leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to help internal clients implement innovative solutions and best practices throughout AT&T’s sourcing processes, synthesizing facts and data from wide-ranging sources into tools and models used on the front lines of strategic negotiations.
What’s it take to join our team?
Qualified candidates must be pursuing a master’s degree with a concentration in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Supply Chain and graduating by or before Spring 2022.
You’ll need to be familiar with analyzing large data sets and building sophisticated financial models while leveraging your background in engineering, consulting, or supply chain. Your knowledge of advanced analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, business intelligence tools, data analytics software) will also be a key ingredient to your success. Direct industry and occupational experience is also a consideration and may be substituted with relevant education.
Additional skills required to succeed:
Strategic Mindset and Strong Analytical Skills:
• Problem Solving: Aptitude to quickly understand and apply economic/business principles, recognize subtleties of complex problems, and develop innovative solutions driven or supported by data
• Modeling: Ability to work with multiple sources of data, integrating fact-bases and assumptions to develop complex financial and operational models or business focused solutions, including processes and technical specifications
• Negotiations coursework and a strong ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade others
• Competitive bidding processes and supply chain analysis
Project Management Experience:
• Comfortable and effective in working in teams and across functional groups that vary from technical to non-technical
• Demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering against tight deadlines
Inventory Management, Warehousing, and Forward / Reverse Logistics:
• Experience with logistics, inventory management and/or freight modeling in a multi-modal environment
• Logistics (warehousing, distribution, 3PL, etc.) and fleet operations experience
• Knowledge of import/export and trade compliance requirements experience leading high-impact Quality projects (Six Sigma, Lean, TL9000, etc.)
• Ability to address issues, solve the problem and achieve results
• Previous industry-related internship(s) preferred
• Previous internship(s) or full-time experience in consulting, investment banking, or another highly strategic/analytical role preferred
• Ability to prioritize, manage and lead projects to completion
• Effective communication skills
• Effective at working with external individuals with different goals
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
• Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills
• Experience managing relationships and interacting with others
• Ability to understand and communicate technical subject matter
• Background in the telecommunications or high-technology industries
• Previous experience leading others
• Practical experience building financial, statistical, and other analytical models to evaluate complex data preferred
• Software development experience preferred
• Ability to understand mechanical and electrical engineering concepts preferred
• Experience engineering hardware or firmware preferred
• Experience managing relationships and interacting with various vendors and or carriers active in the telecommunications space preferred
Ready to be the future? It starts with you. Apply today!
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.