At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
The AT&T Consumer Automation Team within the strategic platforms group crafts the automation product strategy and manages the development and deployment of automation solutions for Centers and Backoffice. The team is responsible for intake, evaluation, automation solutioning and delivery of complex business processes solving client pain-point opportunities against an ongoing agile product delivery roadmap. The team is assigned cost savings goals and annual targets and manages these KPIs on a continuous basis; gaining alignment from stakeholders and prioritizing the roadmap to achieve the desired business objectives. The team comprises of product leads, product managers, engineering and delivery leads managing the development and testing resources; broken by the areas of focus. The solutions managed and developed the team can be broadly classified into three distinct areas - systems automation, process automation and call center automation.
About the Job
Sr. Software engineering manager is responsible for software engineering activities for the Automation team which includes requirements management, architecture, development and quality control, deployment and production support, software delivery project and release management. This position manages and directs the automation scrum team comprising of software engineers and testers who build automation solutions for the program. Additional responsibilities include managing external software vendor relationships and consulting services provided to the team. This is a technical leadership position responsible for delivering production grade automation solutions systems and workflow automation leveraging low-code/no-code software (such as Appian, QuickBase etc.) and RPA software (such as Automation Anywhere, Microsoft Power Automate etc.) and drives adoption of the right technologies and platforms to meet the overall technology vision, roadmap and strategy. Drives consistent standards, tools, and best practices across development, testing, performance engineering, and/or application/production support functions with the overall goal of improving application reliability. Responsible for developing creative options and alternate development/release strategies for meeting aggressive goals in terms of time to market in a very fast paced and dynamic environment. Establishes clear SLAs (Service Level Agreements) for the technology development/delivery vendor partners and teams and closely monitors SLA compliance in terms of application quality, maintainability, scalability, and security. Works very closely with client product teams, User Experience teams, and their own teams to set up optimal Agile Development and Scrum PODS and sub-teams to maximize software engineering throughput, velocity, and overall efficiency.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Responsible for the design and development of process workflow and RPA solutions
• Responsible for managing the automation scrum team comprising of automation software engineers and testers.
• Managing development work, deployment and production support, and release management of automation capabilities built by the team in an optimal Agile development environment.
• Responsible for managing the scrum team and the team’s jira board and associated agile metrics monitoring such as backlog health and velocity to ensure throughput, velocity, and high efficiency.
• Manage external software vendor relationships and consulting services provided to the team.
• Articulate and contribute to the automation program strategy
• Design specifications and prioritize automation requirements such as API/microservices development needed for building the automation solution
• Collaborate closely with product management, stakeholders and business owners through all stages of automation solutions lifecycle development, offering business context and insights, process optimization, providing clear and consistent priorities, working through tradeoffs and communicating plans and requirements effectively
• Own automation solutions roll out efforts with all stakeholders to create case studies, demos, training material, etc.
• Manage the automation platform on Azure as a conduit between internal systems and data and hosted SaaS applications
• Act as the automation program evangelist and a guide for application users
• At least 5 years’ experience in hands on RPA and process automation application/solutions development in a product focused role in an enterprise environment
• At least 5 years using of RPA development/implementation/administration experience (including but not limited to UIPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Microsoft Power Automate) including experience working with RPA supporting technologies (including but not limited to Java, C++, SOAP/REST Web Services, and Database Administration)
• Experience in developing applications using low-code/no-code platforms such as Appian, QuickBase
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing a development scrum team consisting of automation software engineers and testers
• Excellent understanding of the Agile software development, testing process and lifecycle, from smoke test, to integration to production deployment using Jira to record all work
• Working knowledge of implementing automation solutions in a cloud-based environment, Azure and/or AWS
• Experience in building analytics and reporting on Power BI and/or Tableau for automation performance analytics; building reporting databases and SQL
• Can identify, understand, document, and create functionality aligning with product and capability definition as laid out by product managers
• Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment
• Excellent collaboration skills and can effectively works in a team environment
• Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Job ID 2130470-1 Date posted 06/15/2021