AT&T Inc (NYSE:T) is a modern media company whose mission is to inspire human progress through the power of communication and entertainment. With the scale of a Fortune 10 company and a diverse media and technology portfolio of brands (Warner Bros., Direct TV, HBO, Xandr), AT&T is poised for transformation while building on 35 consecutive years of quarterly dividend growth. We will lead the next revolution in technology, media and telecommunications by bringing together premium video content, a large base of direct to consumer relationships, and high-speed networks optimized for video and advertising technology.
As part of this journey, AT&T’s Global Marketing Organization (GMO) is seeking a custom insights functional expert to drive an advantaged understanding of customers, brands, and marketing This person will work closely with internal and external marketing and business partners to optimize the scope, framing, and support for critical learning needs, drive progressive data and science driven approaches towards custom quantitative and qualitative insights design, and identify critical human insights through rigorous integrated analysis while managing a wide variety of projects and initiatives across the business. Success will depend on changing thinking, influencing better decisions, and driving better marketing strategies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Insights Thought Leadership and Advisory
- Cultivate relationships and establish credibility with internal and external business and insights partners as an acknowledged authority within the organization with human insights expertise
- Provide data and science driven thought leadership to business and marketing partners on the role of human response, perceptions, and choice
- Drive / Influence momentum for custom research initiatives that meaningfully contributes to an advantaged understanding of the consumers / customers AND plays a critical role informing marketing decisions
- Ensure business and marketing partner focus on relevant insights and human empathy to best frame and optimize key questions for impact
Custom Insights Design, Innovation, & Experimentation
- Drive best in class experimental design leveraging best in class quantitative and qualitative methodologies efficiently structured to address hypothesis and inform decision making
- Expertly deploy multiple learning initiatives and projects while effectively managing project communication, competitive actions, and strategic changes.
- Help drive experimentation with and adoption of innovative and progressive methods and tools to elevate the quality and impact of the GMO custom insights learning
Uncover Advantaged Human Insights
- Conduct rigorous analysis of primary work to inform our understanding of audiences, brands and marketing strategies and the impact on customer response, perceptions, or choice.
- Partner & Collaborate to scale / improve experimental design with relevant secondary data analysis or reanalysis of foundational work where appropriate
- Transform complex analyses into clear, easy-to-understand “storytelling” presentations
Democratize Insights & Elevate Human Understanding to Influence Better Decisions
- Socialize, Democratize, and evangelize insights to deepen human empathy and understanding of internal and external business and marketing partners
- Ensure the full scope of insights knowledge and a focus on consumer / customer empathy influences key marketing decision making opportunities
- Proactively pursue opportunities to build the collective intuition on human insights at the GMO and key external and internal partners, finding opportunities to leverage existing learnings towards high impact opportunities
KEY ATTITUDES & BEHAVIORS
- Passionate. A passion for understanding human dispositions, response, perceptions, motivations, and behaviors
- Curious. Clearly exhibits a history of intellectual curiosity
- Built to teach. Has a natural disposition for creating clarity from complexity
- Drawn to difficult problems. Excited by difficult and unstructured problems
- Self-driven. Loves to push towards best in class
- Great partner. Has a long history of partnering well across stakeholders
- Customer focused. Customer focused and business savvy
EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS
Successful candidates typically possess:
- 7+ years of professional experience in an insights role focused on human understanding (consumer, customer, shopper, user) at a fortune 500 company, media agency, or research and insights provider.
- 3+ years of professional and hands-on experience applying custom insights techniques in support of a marketing function from design through integrated analysis and visualization
- Proven experience, comfort, and fluency managing a portfolio of large and visible custom insights projects while interfacing with multiple internal and external business partners in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- A notable track record showing skill, innovation, and expertise across qualitative and quantitative custom insights methodologies. Namely:
- Marshalling the organization
- Identifying the optimal methodologies that balance of rigor, depth, costs, and timing
- Experimental design for insights (sampling, sourcing, etc)
- Crafting, socializing trended insights from custom measurement systems
- Leveraging relevant sources of primary and secondary data and insights
- Integrated analysis to make meaningful inferences or predictions
- Insights visualization via relevant tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Proven experience, comfort, and fluency
- building and presenting insights driven strategic recommendations to senior leadership
- managing a portfolio of large and visible custom insights projects while interfacing with multiple internal and external business partners in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
Bachelors degree in related STEAM discipline focused on understanding, measuring, assessing, or designing to human behavior required (Cognitive/Brain Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Engineering, Sciences, Market Research, etc)
Fluency with Office Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, etc
- Graduate degree (Masters, PhD, MBA) with focus on understanding, measuring, assessing, or designing to human behavior (Cognitive/Brain Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Market Research, etc)
- Expert knowledge of insights methodologies: an acknowledge insights authority within previous organization
- Experience leveraging biometrics to measure and assess human perceptions, response, and or behavior
- Experience applying principles from cognitive, brain, or behavioral sciences towards custom insights design
- Experience designing and deploying an innovative / progressive methodologies for measuring, assessing human response, perceptions, or behavior
Location: Dallas, TX
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.