Overall Purpose: This career step requires senior level experience. Responsible for analyzing data in response to new business requests, performing maintenance and changes on interfaces, and identifying and resolving data discrepancies across multiple business applications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the client user community and business analysts to define and document data requirements for data integration and business intelligence applications.
- Determines and documents data mapping rules for movement of medium to high complexity data between applications.
- Adheres to and promotes the use of data administration standards.
- Supports data selection, extraction, and cleansing for corporate applications, including data warehouse and data marts.
- Creates and sustains processes, tools, and on-going support structures and processes.
- Extracts and analyzes data from specific applications, systems and/or databases to create reports and provide recommendations based on the analysis of the data.
- Investigates and resolves data issues across platforms and applications, including discrepancies of definition, format and function.
- Creates and populates meta-data into repositories.
- May create data models, including robust data definitions, which may be entity- relationship-attribute models, star, or dimensional models.
- May also create data flow diagrams and process models and integrates models across functional areas and platforms.
- Works closely with DBAs to transition logical models to physical implementation.
- May be responsible for employing data mining techniques to achieve data synchronization, redundancy elimination, source identification, data reconciliation, and problem root cause analysis.
- May also be responsible for quality control and auditing of databases, resolving data problems, and analyzing system changes for quality assurance.
Job Contribution: Senior level technical expertise. Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert on ATT technologies.
Education: Preferred Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Math, or Sciences; Data Analytics nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Experience:
Typically requires 5-8 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role.
- Data Governance
- Data Mining
- Data Movement Tools
- Data Warehousing
- Emerging Technologies
- ETL Process
- Information Management
- Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects
- Query and Database Access Tools
- Relational Databases
- Scripting Tools and Languages
- System and Technology Integration
Job Code - 49092604
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.