About the Company
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. Our team is delivering groundbreaking solutions that provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. We’re a technology-powered organization and committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. When you join our team, you’ll make bold impacts and create a seamless customer experience. If you’re ready to revolutionize the user experience, join our team and propel your career into the future.
About the Team
The Consumer Quality Engineering (CQE) Team within the strategic platforms group provides Centralized Testing, Data and Automation Services with focus on a frictionless customer experience
About the Job
The Principal-Software Engineer - Program Lead position is responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the quality assurance and test execution for the Digital program applications. Determine integrated testing solutions that include cross dependencies between organizations and programs, develop data and environment strategies utilizing architectural skills and methodology to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs. Responsibilities may include working with all testing phases which encompasses the entire IDP/Digital customer experience testing. This position directs the activities of the vendor provided software engineering services which includes quality control, and production support testing, and is the internal and external liaison with the vendor. This is a technical position providing solutions and oversight for one or more software engineering disciplines and works closely with testing teams, development, product management, project management, and leadership and drives adoption of the right technologies and platforms to meet the overall technology vision, roadmap and strategy established by Technology Development. Drives consistent standards, tools, and best practices across the team with the overall goal of improving application reliability. Responsible for developing creative options and alternate testing/release strategies for meeting aggressive goals in terms of time to market in a very fast paced and dynamic environment. Establishes clear SLAs (Service Level Agreements) for the testing/delivery vendor partners and teams and closely monitors SLA compliance in terms of application quality, maintainability, scalability, and security.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Managing the overall IDP Digital program testing
• Single point of contact for all tracks for leadership and delivery/business teams. Responsible for overall understanding of program's health and representing leadership on program communications.
• Understands program from all testing aspects including Architecture and Customer’s Journey in order to achieve excellent user’s experience.
• Expert knowledge of testing principles, including what, where and how to test it (Environment, Data, Testing Phases Needed)
• Collaborate with all testing phases (ST, IST, ECT, UEX) for successful testing completion of high visibility projects. Drive program from environments to defect resolution. Help with resolving complex issues by proposing solutions or escalating to proper channels.
• Represent Testing Teams and leadership during meetings with Business Owners, Leadership and other Stakeholders.
• Subject Matter Expert on all product Testing Flows, Architecture, Test Phases to be able to identify initial concerns or needs of testing prior to PI Planning.
• Collaborate closely with testing teams, product management, developers, internal and external teams, stakeholders and business owners through all stages of application solutions lifecycle development, offering business context and insights, process optimization, providing clear and consistent priorities, working through tradeoffs and communicating plans and requirements effectively.
• At least 5 years’ experience with all tracks of myATT Digital/IDP development platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Great communicator, able to present complex issues/processes in an easy-to-understand language.
• Excellent presentation skills, able to speak to and create impactful informative communications and present to leadership.
• Able to understand Architecture, Environments, Testing and Defects and pull it all together to provide program’s status
• Experience in Automation Tools (Jenkins) and process automation application/solutions development in a product focused role in an enterprise environment
• At least 10 years’ experience working on Project Management, Complex Program Management and/or leading testing teams.
• Excellent understanding of the Agile software development, testing process and lifecycle, from smoke test, to integration to production deployment using Jira to record all work
• Experience with APIs and API testing tools – Postman, SOAP UI
• Can identify, understand, document, and create functionality aligning with product and capability definition as laid out by product managers
• Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment
• Excellent collaboration skills and can effectively works in a team environment
• Education: Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; or equivalent experience
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Apply now!
Job ID 2236269-1 Date posted 08/05/2022