This position requires a talented innovator and a technical engineer with deep and broad experiences. The candidate will continue leading the evolution and optimization of the virtualized LTE mobile core control plane. In this role, you will design, develop and optimize the Virtual Network Function architecture in the mobile core control plane. You will collaborate with the AT&T cloud architecture and development teams to evolve and enhance the AT&T Network Cloud architecture to support Carrier-Grade virtualized mobile control plane by using your deep knowledge on the Mobile Control plane architecture and the Cloud platform architecture.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the Cloud-native 5G Next Generation Core control plane design, development and deployment
- Collaborate with various AT&T internal teams through the DevOP model to realize
- Operationalize the Simplified, Ultra-Flexible and cloud-native AT&T 5G Next Generation Core (5G NGC) control plane, which will provide greater operational efficiency and continue improving AT&T mobile core cost structure.
- Lead and drive 5G Network Functions and vendors to achieve AT&T 5G NGC control plane target architecture.
Education: Required: PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in an approved field such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university.
Experience: PhD in an approved field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Supervisory: No.
- Extensive specialized technical expertise.
- Understanding of security standards and architecture and utilize this knowledge while designing, testing and rolling out features to AT&T's network.
- Knowledgeable about the Service-based architecture used in the 5G Core.
- Extensive knowledge of the Calico, MacVlan, Multus, DCAE TICK, DCAE ELK, DAMN, Prometheus, Azure Fundamentals.
- Cloud and virtualization technologies like VMWare vSphere, Openstack and Containerization and Kubernetes.
- Deployment and working on AT&T's Network Cloud 2.0 infrastructure.
- Automating tasks using DevOps tools like Ansible, POLO, and Puppet as well as scripting languages like Bash and Python.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.