With First Responders. For First Responders.
This Principal Member of Technical Staff role is in the AT&T FirstNet Technology organization in AT&T Business. The AT&T FirstNet Technology organization is responsible for the end to end architecture, planning, design and execution of the AT&T FirstNet network and services.
FirstNet brings public safety their own, dedicated nationwide communications platform to help them save lives and protect communities. For AT&T, it was an opportunity to provide our unmatched network capabilities to help make our communities safer. Now, when disaster strikes, FirstNet will provide open lines of communication to first responders when they need it most.
AT&T has an opening for a Principal Member of Technical Staff - The selected candidate for this position will be the E2E technology solution owner for various next generation mobile communications capabilities for public safety, including traditional AT&T consumer services such as VoLTE, Messaging, Video , PMC ,Mobile Edge Compute etc. as well as new mobility capabilities specifically for first responders.
- Working closely with business partners to identify the requirements, identify synergy and/or gaps, and help business to define feature sets and propose phase approach, as appropriate
- Provide detailed architecture solution & design relative to business needs and requirements
- Engaging with vendors to secure commitments to requirements, scope, and pricing
- Coordinate with engineering and development leads to prioritize and schedule
- Engage with CSO to ensure compliance to FirstNet security requirements
- Develop test strategy/test cases and coordination of test execution
- Document device and application environment requirements
- Support release validation activities including activities related to maintenance release, new device introduction, planning meeting and managing next iteration of solution
- The position will lead large teams of diverse technical SME’s to design the best solution for service leveraging AT&T existing assets yet meet time to market needs. Position is required to lead team to consensus for determining a solution when multiple options exist.
Required Qualifications: PhD in an approved field from an approved university with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field from an approved university with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field from an approved university with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Refer to Technical Career Pathway (TCP) website https://workspace.web.att.com/sites/IT_TCP under TCP Disciplines Guide/Technical Development & Design for approved universities and degree disciplines. Exceptions require Board Review.
Qualifications: Principle level technical expertise. Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert on AT&T technologies. Experience : Typically requires 5-8 years’ experience.
Expert Level Proficiency in the following:
- Individual must have mobile network systems engineering/solutions architecture experience and candidate must be familiar with all aspects of LTE/5G wireless network including but not limited to the following: RAN Network, Packet Core Architecture, Policy Architecture, IMS Architecture, E911/CALEA, Devices and Application ,3GPP Standards, L3/4 network engineering, OpenStack and Public Cloud ( Azure/AWS) Infrastructure , Open Source technologies including ONAP,ONF, and ORAN
- Candidate must have strong technical depth and expertise in the following:
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and 5G Next Generation Core (NGxC)
- E2E Services / EPC & Next Gen Core Services (e.g. VoNR, ..) experience
- Wireless and Access System Architecture experience
- Mobile Device and Application Architecture
- Mobile Network Security
- Knowledge of best practices for Application Programming Interfaces
- Private and Public Cloud Design
- Position also requires
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and technical leadership
- Teaming skills, experience in effective teaming, and ability to lead teams. Candidate must have ability to balance and prioritize work and work independently and as part of a team
- Hands on experience with technology integration
- Operating Systems and Environments
- Business case analysis and justification
- Product and Service Design & Development
- Make data-driven decisions
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.