Looking for high energy, motivated and experienced candidate looking to have a positive impact on AT&T's cloud platforms as part of the Network CTO organization. The candidate will be a member of the team guiding the evolution of AT&T's cloud platforms in order to support cloud-based network functions running on virtual machines (VNFs) and/or containers (CNFs), including making use of public cloud technologies. The candidate will work with a cross-functional, cross-organization virtual team to define the architecture, design and roadmap for AT&T’s target cloud for network functions.
The position will require a combination of hands-on cloud technology testing and proofs of concept; as well, as working with subject matter experts across various platforms and applications to define expected design, standards, requirements, and practices to which the target cloud must adhere.
Work experience and expertise desired in:
- Technology integration including coordination of architecture, design, lab prototyping (proof of technical concepts), operations, planning/engineering, and development
- Track record of leading successful complex technical collaborations
- Communicating highly complex technical detail and relationships, such as those in platform technology integration strategies and roadmaps, in simple yet precise and accurate manner
- Technology Integration analysis, requirement synthesis and abstraction/layering
- Demonstrated ability to adopt and drive adoption of new technologies in challenging brown field or legacy technology environments
Technical experience or significant exposure desired in:
- VM and Cloud control plane technology including OpenStack
- Container technology and orchestration including Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and related CNCF ecosystem software
- Experience with Hyperscaler Public Cloud technology
- Unix/Linux OS familiarity and experience working via command line interface
- Software development tools and processes, such as Git, CI/CD, Jenkins, etc.
- VM orchestration and management technology (ONAP / OpenStack Heat, etc.)
- Familiarity with Mobility/Wireless Architecture, Design, and Engineering
- Mobility Network and Cloud operations and automation
- Cloud Native Observability / Logging, Monitoring, Alerting (LMA)
- Cloud/Virtualization platform performance testing and benchmarking
- Ability to translate business requirements into a technical architecture/design
- Strong leadership and teamwork, including the ability to drive consensus
- Work independently and operate in a high-pressure environment
Note: Unlikely any candidate will have significant experience in all technical aspects of the work. Specialization in a fewareas is acceptable with the ability to grow into others on the job.