At AT&T we’re redefining the future of connectivity. At our core is a passion to serve our customers with products and services that create connections, improve lives and allow millions to share the stories and experiences that matter. Our Corporate teams are fueled by innovation and a desire to connect the world in meaningful ways. Join our team and bring your bold ideas, supporting and transforming our business across areas like marketing, finance and more.
Responsible for federal income tax audits, including the analysis and interpretation of existing and upcoming tax legislation (federal, state, local and foreign) to identify opportunities to minimize the organization’s legal tax liabilities and to account for those liabilities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducts research to advise management of the tax and related accounting implications of activities. Preparation and filing of the tax returns required under federal, state, local and applicable foreign laws and regulations. Preparation of tax-related journal entries, financial statement disclosures and account reconciliations in accordance with company policy and SOX controls. Responsible for meeting all required deadlines. Conducts and documents complex tax audits. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Works collaboratively with others to develop and provide complete, accurate responses to the IRS in a timely manner.
- Organizes and compiles information and responds to Information Document Requests, Notices of Proposed Adjustments, and other tax controversy matters.
- Evaluates complex tax issues throughout the tax controversy life cycle.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Work Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of federal income tax experience in a large corporate or Big Four environment preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- CPA license is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Federal income tax law
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Drives for results
- Financial Analysis
- Financial and Accounting Systems
- Financial Reporting
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Institutional Finance
- Tax Audits
- Tax Management
- Tax Operations
- Tax Regulations
Our Lead Tax Accountants earn between $94,300 - $141,500. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2315885 Date posted 05/09/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events